Thursday, February 24, 2011

CANNED BAKED BEANS

My project for tomorrow ... I love having these around.  I use to buy Boston Baked Beans, but making your own is so much less expensive and taste wonderful!  I love being a homemaker :)
CANNED BAKED BEANS
For each pint jar (about 8 jars)

1/8 cup diced onion in each jar 

1/3 cup DRY Navy Beans each jar (pint) Soak them overnight
Optional add few pieces of turkey bacon

Sauce:
10 cups V8 tomato juice
4 cloves garlic (you can used paste)
1/2 cup Molasses
1/2 cup Brown sugar
1 teaspoon each: cloves, allspice, mace, cayenne pepper
1 teaspoons mustard powder (dry)
Heat sauce ingredients together.
Pour sauce over already layered onions and navy beans to within 1" of top jar.
Process 75 minutes at 10 pounds pressure (I'm at sea level- adjust pressure to your area)  Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. YUM!!! I think I will give this a try this coming week!!! Reading the recipe makes my mouth water!! :)))))

    ReplyDelete