Thursday, September 5, 2013

Honey Cinnamon Peaches ~ home canned

Home canned Honey Cinnamon Peaches
I bought a 20 pound box of Alberta Peaches.  At Rays market I had found cinnamon sticks on sale for $3.99 (they are usually around $8) so I had quite a few jars of those on hand ... I do not use sugar anymore so this was the perfect recipe for canning these peaches.  Yield 30 pints.
My canner processed 10 pints in the water bath at a time.  It takes 20 minutes for pints (25 for quarts).  I put 1/2 stick of cinnamon in each jar then added the peeled cut peaches.  On the stove I had
5 cups of water with 1 cup of honey simmering.  Pour the honey water over the peaches leaving the 1" space at top.  Put on the lids and process.  Let these sit for a few weeks before tasting so the flavor has a chance to develop .....  These will be so good alone, over cereal for breakfast, mixed into yogurt or over ice cream for that special treat.  Going to make this winter a little bit brighter!

No comments:

Post a Comment