Thursday, January 12, 2012

January 12, 2012

January 12, 2012

Where did the time go?  I was going to be so faithful to my blogging and it has been almost a month.  I am going to use a new format and hope you will enjoy.  To be honest it is more for me, my daily life with my precious husband and my walk with the Lord!

Our life this week:
Mornings are my favorite time with Dick.  We go through our regular routines, then set aside time to read the bible and pray together.  There are times when I think of those moments and my heart swells like a hot air balloon! 
We were so impressed with the book of Colossians and the lessons we learned we hated to leave that book, but felt the nudge to go on to 1 Thessalonians.  We are in chapter 2 now.  Dick sits with his eyes closed as I read until he wants to inject a comment!  I love our discussion times and how we can put into practice the lessons the Lord gives us from His word. 

Yesterday, we went to Corvallis for Dick's CT Urogram.  The weather held out and we had a sunny drive with just a bit of frost on the road.  Dick said that yesterday was one of the worse days of his life.  He had to lay flat on his back for almost an hour as they took frame after frame of xrays.  He was hurting so bad that he finally yelled out for help.  If you know Dick, that took some time.  They then placed a pillow under his hip/back and it helped somewhat.  However, by that time he was in so much pain.  We came home had dinner right away and Dick was off to bed.  Now we wait for the results until next week.  We pray that it is just infection related and not cancer.  The Lord's will is what we have prayed for and we know that no matter what the results show, we can handle our path as the Lord lays it out for us.

I have crocheted a baby blanket for Lia and Burt and just can't wait for my brand new great nephew.  This is going to be such an amazing year of events in our family, weddings, births, graduations and reunions!  Thanking God for my precious family.

Bible Study:
I am just starting my new bible study with Cathie Laurie called *Pursuing God*.  Her studies have been so amazing and I am looking forward to this one too.  Thanking God for Cathie!!!

Verse of the day:
For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us ye received it not as the word of man, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe. 1 Thessalonians 2:13

My Pearl of the Day:
God's written Word and the Living Word, Jesus are my truth, my light and my bread!
I have been so thankful for those truths.  God does not have a rear view mirror, He does not look back at any of my sin.  He does not store them up on a shelf to bring them down when I mess up again!  He says that, I believe that He is my truth, my light and my bread!!!

Picture of the day













The man I love at the cabin on the lake in Florence.
I am so proud of Dick.  He has been sober for over
a year now with the help of the Lord it has not been
the struggle it was in the past for him.  Praising God!

No comments:

Post a Comment