Thursday, October 21, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook

                   FOR TODAY October 21, 2010

Outside my window ...
the sun is still bright, there is a rustle of leaves
as the wind blows gently ... signs of autumn everywhere.

I am thinking...
it is really tough to get old!  All the chores I love to
do outside are getting to be a bit much for me and
has me sad this morning.

I am thankful ...
for this beautiful spot the Lord has placed
me to enjoy.  The peace, privacy and
colors of every leaf is just too amazing!

From the kitchen...
will come some low fat, low calorie pumpkin
cookies today ... but I can't resist the drizzle of icing on top!


I am wearing...
jeans and a green T-shirt.

I am creating...
the shopping bag made out of plastic shopping bags
that I started the other day ... might be doing this for awhile!
Bible Reading with my husband, Dick for today...
2 Samuel 7

God's *PEARL* for me today from the bible reading ...
We often think of honorable things we want to do for God ... teach a bible
class or some such biblical thing, but have we really asked God and
listened to what He tells us.  Just because it is something we think He might
like, does not mean it is something He wants us to do.  If He says no, just
wait to see ... really wait to see and hear... because when He says no He
gives us something much more glorious, much more wonderful than we
could possible imagine.  Stay in touch with Him!  Listen to Him and
you will find joy that can not be compared!

Quote for today...
I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen.
Not only because I see it, but because I see everything by it.
C.S. Lewis

I am hearing...
the dishwasher running ... ooops I did not run it last night!

Green Smoothie for today...
Raspberries, Bananas and Watercrest!

One of my favorite things...
my husband and best friend!
.
A few plans for the rest of the day:
making cookies, laundry, crafting and relaxing so my shoulder heals.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...




    Click here to join the group of women journaling with A simple Woman's Daybook, thank you Peggy for the wonderful format!

No comments:

Post a Comment